Cold air is coming around the world and the temperature is plummeting. To ensure the normal operation of your equipment, users are advised to pay attention to keeping warm and keep warm, and do a good job in battery maintenance and care.
EVK Battery would like to give you the following warm reminder:
1. Lead-acid battery
1. Charging environment: Avoid charging forklifts or batteries outdoors.
2. After timely charging and use, the density of the battery electrolyte is low and its freezing point is high. When stored in a low temperature environment (below 0℃), it is easy to freeze and damage the battery, causing the battery life to end prematurely. Therefore, after use in a low temperature environment, The battery must be charged in time to prevent battery damage caused by freezing of the electrolyte.
3. Pay attention to the charging temperature. The battery's charging reception ability is poor in low-temperature environments. When using a smart charger, it is easy to cause insufficient charging. Therefore, it is necessary to avoid charging in outdoor low-temperature environments to prevent short battery life and irreversible battery sulfuric acid caused by insufficient charging. Salinization occurs.
4. Pay attention to the density of the electrolyte. Since insufficient charging is easy to occur in low temperature environments, pay attention to the density of the electrolyte when using it in cold seasons. When you find that the density of the electrolyte of a fully charged battery is lower than the specified density, perform balanced charging in time to ensure battery performance and prevent The occurrence of sulfation phenomenon.
2. Lithium battery
1. The rechargeable lithium battery system cannot be charged below 0°C. A system equipped with an auxiliary heating function will automatically heat up first and then automatically start charging after connecting to the charger to start charging; a system not equipped with a heating function can be used for vehicle work, external insulation, etc. Measures should be taken to ensure that the system temperature reaches above 0℃ before normal charging can occur.
2. The discharge capacity of the discharged lithium battery system will decrease in low temperature environments. More battery capacity should be reserved to ensure the normal operation of the vehicle. It should be charged in time and over-discharge is strictly prohibited.
3. Battery storage: Avoid low-power storage of lithium battery systems and keep the power (SOC) at 40%~60% (failure to charge in time for more than 6 months may damage the battery). The storage environment should meet the following conditions as much as possible:
(1) Storage temperature: The suitable storage temperature for the battery system is -10℃~40℃, and it is recommended to store it at normal temperature within the range of 5℃~30℃;
(2) Storage environment: It should be stored in a clean and dry environment, away from high temperatures, corrosive gases, water and rain, severe vibration, mechanical impact and heavy pressure, and away from heat sources.