How should electric vehicle batteries be maintained during high temperature seasons to effectively extend the battery life?
EVK Battery reminds consumers that when batteries operate in high-temperature seasons, there is a main problem of overcharging. In order to prevent excessive charging voltage, the battery temperature should be reduced as much as possible to ensure good heat dissipation. Specifically, you should pay attention to the following points:
1. Avoid exposure to the hot and scorching sun.
Exposure to the scorching sun will cause the temperature inside the power box to rise sharply, causing the battery temperature to rise, resulting in increased water loss during charging, thus affecting the battery life; before charging, the battery temperature should be lowered before charging (rest for about 30 minutes)
2. It is strictly prohibited to charge in high temperature environment
The battery will generate heat when charging, which will increase the temperature of the battery. If the charging environment temperature is high, one will cause the battery to lose more water, and if the precipitated gas accumulates (the power box is sealed and has no vents), it will easily cause damage when encountering a heat source. Explosion hazard; due to high temperatures in summer, battery water loss increases, battery fluid level should be checked weekly, and distilled water should be added in time if there is lack of fluid; 3. When the battery is charging, the power box becomes hot or does not shut down, please contact after-sales service personnel in time Test the battery.
Lithium battery charging precautions
1. The charge and discharge modes of lithium-ion power batteries are mutually exclusive. After completing the charging mode, the system must be restarted.
to enter discharge mode.
2. The key switch must be turned off before charging. To ensure safety, the discharge port can be disconnected from the vehicle.
3. Before charging, ensure that the charging environment is safe and equipped with fire prevention devices.
4. Before charging, make sure there are no dust, water stains or other foreign objects inside the charging gun and charging base. If there are any, then
It must be cleaned before use. When cleaning the charging gun and charging stand, make sure the system or charger is powered off.
5. It is prohibited to disassemble or modify the charging gun and charging base.
6. It is prohibited to use wet or water-stained objects to contact the system and charger.
7. When the power (SOC) is lower than 20%, it must be charged in time.
8. It is prohibited to pull or twist the charging and discharging power lines.
9. It is prohibited to unplug the charging gun directly during charging.
10. After the first charge, the charger can always be on (ready to charge).
Precautions for use
1. The battery system must be charged in a safe place.
2. The battery system is not allowed to work during the charging process.
3. Ensure smooth heat dissipation and ventilation in the charging environment when charging.
4. Strictly follow the system prompts to avoid overcharging and over-discharging.
5. Pay attention to waterproof, fireproof, dustproof, anti-static, etc. during use.
6. If an abnormality occurs, you must brake the vehicle first, then cut off the battery system power supply, and keep all personnel away. If the fault cannot be automatically eliminated after restarting for five minutes, please contact a professional for repair in time.